Friday, November 24, 2006

At Shoshone Falls in Idaho


We arrived at Shoshone falls after almost a day of driving. We had seen the falls on the Atlas as a place to see along our route. The sun was low in the sky, and the leaves were in full color as autumn came on.

I took the shot with the trusty Minolta Dimage D5 on auto setting. The sun had washed out most of the color, so I lowered the brightness and did some dodge-and-burn to get the proper contrast and color in the shot.

Photoshop is such an amazing program! The more I learn about this wonderful software, I would recommend it to anyone. The newest version is Photoshop CS2, which has so many new features that my trusted PS ver7 did not have.

Next I will put up a shot of the Falls themselves. It is so beautiful, it is hard to get the entire scene in just one photo. Till next time.

1 comment:

Kedar said...

Hello

This is a very beautiful photo and the lighting came out great. Good POV and color.

Good Luck
-Kedar