Monday, October 23, 2006


This is a photo I took of Sam having a great time playing with the tetherball at the Pumpkin Patch in Elgin TX, this past weekend. I was trying to capture action in a photo. I remembered the saying "take 20 to get 1" and that's about what it took!

I used a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 camera to capture the image, using the action setting on the camera. I had forgotten the tripod, so I propped my elbows on a picnic table top to get some stability, and then just clicked and clicked.

One of the things I am having to learn is how to focus a shot where the subject is in motion. I believe what happened on other shots is, that I focused when Sam was out of the frame, then when he was in the frame, took the photo. I could have used the "continuous shot" mode in the camera, but I am not really familiar with that mode. I will practice using it.

Thanks go to Sam's mom for allowing me to post this photo. She was very complimentary, and I appreciate the "kudos" as well. Enjoy the photo, and post any comments you care to, dear reader.

Mike
10/23/06

No comments: