Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome and first picture


Hello!
thank you for visiting. This will be a photo journey of my development as a photographer and artist. (Pretty heady stuff, but that's really what I'm after)

What I hope for this blog is to post my pictures and a short description of what prompted me to take the shot, and any Photoshop or other techniques I used. If you have comments or suggestions or anything at all to add that would help me in my journey, please by all means leave a comment.

That said, I am posting my first photo for your review and, hopefully, pleasure. It is a photo I took in Abilene, TX a couple of weeks ago. A honey bee was gathering nectar from a sage flower and I took several shots. This one was the best, I think.

I used Photoshop to sharpen and darken the original photo. I like to keep PS techniques to a minimum to keep the "natural-ness" of the shot intact.

I hope you enjoy it.

Mike Ziegler

No comments: